No more goop, gagging, or discomfort. Using an iTero scanner, your orthodontist can take a highly accurate digital impression of your teeth and jaw. The new technology completely eliminates the tray and putty impressions, where the experience is comparable to stuffing a big wad of gum in your mouth. The old technique is incredibly unpleasant and frequently results in taking multiple rounds of impressions that can be rejected, broken, or misplaced. The iTero scanner ensures a more accurate impression from the start, resulting in improved treatment and a more comfortable patient experience. Digital impressions also give you the ability to see your teeth instantly in 3D, improving communication during the consultation and treatment process.
The iTero handheld wand takes a digital, 3D image of your prepared teeth, stopping as needed. You can look at the iTero 3D image on the screen in real-time. Now instead of UPS shipping impressions to the lab to be scanned, the digital image is electronically sent to the lab and is available in the Invisalign system the next day. The accuracy and detail of the iTero scan vs a putty impression is kind of like watching HDTV over standard definition TV. These digital scans don’t need to be re-scanned so by removing the “clay modeling step” we have greatly improved the accuracy.
Benefits of Teeth Scanning
- ELIMINATES IMPRESSIONS, the most invasive procedure in daily orthodontic care.
- SUPERIOR ACCURACY with no distortion from patient movement during set, removal of impression, or disinfection.
- ONSCREEN VISUALIZATION allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal orthodontic scan the first time.
- INCREASED PATIENT COMFORT by eliminating the goop and gagging with traditional impressions.
- SINGLE USE IMAGING SHIELD to ensure maximum cleanliness.