It’s never too late to get adult braces in Sugar Land and Rosenberg, TX, so you can enjoy a beautiful new smile. While many people associate braces with teens and children, adult orthodontics has never been more popular. More and more adults are deciding to use braces to enjoy a new look, better alignment and more.
If you’re thinking of getting adult braces, Garrett & Boyd Orthodontics’ Rosenberg and Sugar Land offices are here to help you with high-quality orthodontic care you can count on.
Do Adults Really Need Braces?
Just like teens and children, adults can have a variety of conditions that could benefit from braces, including:
- Teeth that are not in alignment, leading to self-consciousness.
- Crowding or overlapping teeth, which can make proper hygiene a challenge.
- Missing teeth.
- Grinding or bite issues that have caused excessive wear.
- Earlier incorrect use of a retainer, leading to relapse after previous treatment.
- Difficulty chewing and biting.
- A discrepancy between lower and upper jaws.
- Gaps between teeth.
Adults can take advantage of braces for all of these issues to enjoy a more aesthetically pleasing smile, healthier teeth and even an improved life. In some cases, such as when bite issues affect the ability to chew, bite or care for teeth correctly, it’s especially important to seek orthodontic treatment before complications occur.
Available Braces for Adult Teeth
The good news about getting braces as an adult is that there are more choices to choose from than ever before:
- Invisalign: Sometimes called invisible braces for adults, Invisalign aligners are actually clear liners. Adults wear Invisalign for a few weeks before moving on to the next set of liners, straightening their teeth and treating orthodontic issues. Virtually invisible, you can remove these liners for eating and cleaning at your convenience.
- Clear ceramic braces: While these braces have larger brackets, they’re clear and not as visible. Ceramic braces require you to pay more attention to hygiene and what you eat because they can stain, which makes them a good fit for adults and teens.
- Traditional metal braces: Traditional metal brackets today have an additionally comfortable design and more choices of rubber band colors than in years past. The brackets are made of a metal alloy and are ideal for more complex or difficult orthodontic issues.
Why Choose Garrett & Boyd Orthodontics?
If you need adult braces, the Rosenberg and Sugar Land offices of Garrett & Boyd Orthodontics can help. We offer a range of orthodontic treatment and we always strive to offer an excellent patient experience. Dr. Garrett and Dr. Boyd have the longest orthodontic partnership in the country, having practiced together for 42 years. They combine years of experience with modern technology to bring you excellent care.
Dr. Garrett has won numerous awards and recognitions for his work and is a Certified Provider for Invisalign®. Dr. Boyd has also won many accolades for his work and is a Certified Elite Preferred Provider for Invisalign®.
To put the expertise of Dr. Garrett and Dr. Boyd to work creating your ideal smile, make an appointment with our team today. We can diagnose a range of orthopedic challenges and together create a custom treatment plan for you.