Fred A. Garrett, DDS, MS believes that having a great smile has the power to change a person’s life. As an orthodontist, He looks forward to giving each one of his patients a smile that shines with confidence. The ability to give his patients the smiles they’ve always dreamed of is the most rewarding part of his job as an orthodontist.
Education and Experience
Dr. Garrett attended Washington University School of Dentistry where he earned his Doctorate of Dental Surgery and completed his 2-year residency in orthodontics, earning his Master of Science Degree.
- He is board certified by the American Board of Orthodontists
- He is a clinical professor on the graduate orthodontic faculty at the University of Texas Dental Branch here in Houston.
- He is a former president of the Southwestern Society of Orthodontists and received the Society’s Martin E. Dewey Distinguished Service Award.
- Dr. Garrett is an active member of the American Association of Orthodontists and received their James E. Brophy Distinguished Service Award.
- He is also a Fellow of the American College of Dentists and the International College of Dentists.
- He is a Certified Provider for Invisalign® and has a special interest in TMJ treatment.
- Dr. Garrett has over 50 years of experience orthodontics.
- American Board of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Texas Dental Association
- Texas Association of Orthodontists
- Southwestern Society of Orthodontists
Outside the Office
In his free time, Dr. Garrett enjoys spending time with his wife, Dianne, his son and daughter, and two grandsons. He enjoys playing golf, hunting, and going to the beach. Dr. Garrett is also an Eagle Scout and a member of St. Luke’s United Methodist church.
Fun Fact: Dr. Garrett is not allowed to use the dishwasher at home