When you think of child orthodontics, braces for teens might be the first treatment on your mind. However, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends a check-up by age 7. Early orthodontic treatment gives children confident, healthy smiles to last a lifetime.
For premier care, an outstanding patient experience and affordable payment options, you can count on Garrett and Boyd Orthodontics. We proudly serve all families in Rosenberg, Sugarland and the surrounding areas.
Benefits of Early Orthodontic Treatment
Early orthodontic treatment comes with many practical and cosmetic benefits. Scheduling a visit with a children’s orthodontist helps you and your child:
- Correct problems early: Proactive orthodontic care tackles issues like crowding, underbites and excessive spacing as they occur. Interceptive treatment also prevents more significant issues later on, giving your child the best chance at a dazzling smile and lifelong oral health.
- Save time and money: If left unaddressed, dental issues may require surgery or other costly treatments in the future. Your pediatric orthodontist will square away any current problems before they become more complex. Early treatment saves more than money — it also saves time spent traveling and in the orthodontist’s office.
- Achieve a more beautiful smile: You love seeing your child smile no matter what, so help them feel confident with early orthodontic treatment. Our care gives teeth ample space to grow correctly, which can address speech problems and other issues.
- Practice healthier habits: Behaviors like excessive thumb sucking or prolonged pacifier use might impact your child’s oral health. During early orthodontic treatment, we’ll identify and correct these common childhood habits.
Our Pediatric Orthodontic Services
As Fort Bend County’s go-to pediatric orthodontists, we pride ourselves on meeting all your needs. Our comprehensive services cover everything your youngster requires for a healthier and happier smile, including:
- Invisalign® First: These clear aligners are specially designed for smaller teeth and developing smiles. They’ll position existing teeth and supply new ones with plenty of room — all without restricting diet or changing your child’s hygiene routine. Dr. Garrett and Dr. Boyd are Diamond-level Invisalign providers — we have the expertise and experience to achieve your desired results.
- Palatal expanders: These custom-made, adjustable dental devices expand the roof of the mouth, creating more space for permanent teeth to grow in their ideal positions. Widening the upper jaw also reduces the risk of overcrowding and tooth impaction or incomplete growth.
- Baby tooth removal: Extracting primary teeth is sometimes better for future growth and positioning. We may recommend this treatment option to address severe crowding and damaged or over-retained teeth — ones that have been in the mouth for longer than they should. Usually suggested as a last resort, tooth extraction goes a long way in preventing more complex dental problems.
Request an Appointment With a Kids Orthodontist Today
Why wait when you could give your child a headstart on their oral health journey? Families in Sugar Land and Rosenberg trust Garrett and Boyd Orthodontics for quality treatment and outstanding results. We’ll help your children achieve and keep a confident smile. Request an appointment with a children’s orthodontist or get a free virtual consultation today!