Many children and teens get braces to correct orthodontic issues, ensure a head start on good oral hygiene and encourage a healthy smile. Att Garrett & Boyd Orthodontics, families who need kids’ braces have more treatment options than ever in a friendly and caring environment.
Why Do Kids Get Braces?
Braces for kids’ teeth help address many conditions, including:
- Crooked teeth.
- Overlapping or overcrowded teeth.
- Malocclusion, when a difference between the size of the top and bottom jaws causes an overbite or underbite.
- Crossbites, when the upper and lower teeth do not align correctly.
- Orthodontic problems caused by thumb sucking.
- Adult teeth growing in incorrectly.
- Open bites, where the teeth do not touch.
- Missing permanent teeth.
- Deep bites, where the top teeth overlap the bottom teeth too much when the mouth is closed.
Does My Child Need Braces?
Visiting the dentist regularly is one of the best ways to determine whether your child needs orthodontic treatment. While the dentist properly cleans your child’s teeth, they may also notice early signs of orthodontic issues and recommend a visit to an orthodontist.
In some cases, you may also notice symptoms like:
- Visibly crowded, missing or crooked teeth.
- Your child complaining of oral pain.
- Thumb sucking.
- Unexpected timeline for teeth coming in.
- Scarring on the roof of the mouth or inside cheeks.
The orthodontic team at Garrett & Boyd Orthodontics can help. If you want to know whether your child needs braces or other orthodontic treatment, we have the instruments and decades of experience to provide an accurate diagnosis. If we find an orthodontic issue, we’ll create a custom treatment plan for your child and their health.
Our Braces for Kids Teeth
At Garrett & Boyd Orthodontics, we know that every child has unique orthodontic needs. That’s why we offer a range of options:
- Invisalign: Invisalign aligners are clear liners that must be worn for most of the day. These aligners are great for younger patients because children can take them out when eating, allowing kids to eat all their favorite foods. Invisalign aligners are also hard to notice, helping reduce self-consciousness.
- Clear ceramic braces: These braces are another option for children who want less visible braces. Clear ceramic braces have larger brackets that are hard to see.
- Traditional Metal Braces: Traditional metal brackets are more comfortable today than in years past, and they’re still the ideal choice for tougher orthodontic issues because the brackets are strong and reliable. Children will have fun choosing fun colors for their bands.
Why Choose Us?
At Garrett & Boyd Orthodontics, we offer kids braces in Sugar Land and Rosenberg, TX. Our offices feature today’s technology and our orthodontists, Dr. Garrett and Dr. Boyd have more than 42 years of experience practicing together. They are both Board Certified and have won accolades for their work. Dr. Garrett is a Certified Provider for Invisalign® while Dr. Boyd is a Certified Elite Preferred Provider for Invisalign®.
If you need kids braces in Rosenberg, make an appointment with our team today. Our team provides caring, high-quality orthodontic treatment for children and we’ll diagnose your child’s needs and create a custom treatment plan if necessary.