Richard W. Boyd, Jr. DDS, MS enjoys the challenge of creating beautiful smiles and believes to be truly blessed to be a part of the orthodontic profession. He is personally invested in each patient and feels that he truly has an impact on those around him.
He feels privileged to play a small part in each patient’s life and to know he has given them a smile they can be proud of that will help build their self-esteem. Dr. Boyd enjoys working each day surrounded by a skilled team of staff members who all love orthodontics and their patients.
Dr. Boyd’s personal and professional philosophy is centered in the golden rule as he strives to treat others the way he likes to be treated. In all, he never wastes a day or the opportunity to create a beautiful smile.
Outside the office:
Dr. Boyd enjoys being with his family, friends, enjoying the outdoors, and sports. He spends most of his spare time with his wife, Sandy, and his two children. He is an Eagle Scout and a member of Chapelwood United Methodist Church.
Fun fact: Dr. Boyd pretends he is Bob the Builder on the weekends
- Dr. Boyd attended Baylor College of Dentistry where he received his Doctorate of Dental Surgery.
- He continued his education at St. Louis University where he completed a two-year residency in orthodontics, earning his Master of Science Degree.
- Dr. Boyd is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics.
- He had the honor to serve as former president of the Texas Association of Orthodontists and past president of the Southwestern Society of Orthodontists.
- He is a Certified Elite Preferred Provider for Invisalign® and he lectured nationally and internationally for Align Technology, Inc., the makers of the Invisalign System.
- Dr. Boyd has over 45 years of experience in orthodontics.