Dear Garrett & Boyd Orthodontics Community,
Thank you for being so patient with us as we adjust to our new normal. We realize you may have some questions about your upcoming appointment, so we want to reassure you that we are following every safety precaution at both of our locations. Here are a few ways you can help make your appointment a success.
Things for you to know before your appointment:
*Please note, as of 3/16/21, masks are still required for all individuals entering our office. We will update our website if this changes.
WE MAY NEED TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- If you or anyone in your family has been diagnosed with Covid-19 we will not be able to see you in our office until you and/or your family member has recovered and after a 21 day period has passed from the date of onset. Unless you can provide a negative test result 14 days after onset. You will be asked to provide your negative results
- If you or your child have possibly been exposed to Covid-19 outside your home you must wait 14 days from your last exposure to be seen in the office
- If you have traveled outside of Texas you must wait 14 days before being seen in the office unless you can provide us with a negative test result. You will be asked to provide your negative results
- If you have any symptoms like: Fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
- Virtual appointments will be provided upon request at no charge for any patient who is not able to come in to the office due to Covid19.
The day of your appointment:
- Please fill out our Supplemental Consent and Health Questionnaire if you have not done so before arriving to your appointment. It will be sent to you as part of your appointment reminder. We also have it on our website, it is a secure form with electronic signature. Please see link to fill out the form: https://secureonline.co/supplemental-consent-and-health-questionnaire-lonestarbraces-com/
- Take your temperature at home before coming to your appointment
- Please brush and floss your teeth at home. Our tooth brushing station is temporarily closed
- Please arrive with a homemade mask, bandana, or medical mask on. If you do not have access to one, a mask will be provided to you
- When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you remain in your vehicle and text the office @ 281-336-1381 to let us know you are here. There will be a sign outside of our offices on how to proceed when you arrive. A text response will be sent to you when we are ready for the patient to come inside for screening
- Please attend your appointment without any companions. We are asking parents to please wait in the car. We have limited seating in the waiting room for patients only. At the end of the appointment the assistant will give you a call with an update and to schedule the next appointment. We understand that in some instances (caregiver, parent to a minor child) a companion is required. The companion will be asked the same screening questions as the patient. And will be asked to wait in the reception area and practice social distancing
- Screening all patients and employees, including taking temperature and exposure questionnaire upon arrival.
- Minimizing the number of patients we are seeing per day in our office by expanding virtual services and staggering in person appointments
- We have closed our refreshment bar and have removed all magazines from our reception area
- Redesigned waiting room and check in to ensure social distancing
- Wearing personal protective equipment while providing patient care
- Continuing, as we always have, to follow the highest level of sanitation processes to disinfect all equipment and surfaces according to CDC guidelines
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient and trusting us with your orthodontic needs. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing our patients, neighbors and friends. We appreciate your patience as this has become our new normal for now.
The Garrett & Boyd Team
Important links and phone numbers:
Text line: 281-336-1381
Virtual consultation link: https://lonestarbraces.com/virtual-orthodontic-consultation/
In case of an emergency, please call 979-480-6433