Dear Garrett & Boyd Orthodontics Community,
We hope that you and your families are healthy and safe. Over the last 7 weeks, we have learned so much about ourselves, our community, and our wonderful patients and parents. You are all amazing!!! Some of our patients have chosen virtual appointments to stay connected and it has been an awesome experience for us and our patients. We have been amazed at the quality pictures of teeth we have received and number virtual appointments that have been done. It has been our pleasure to take care of some of you virtually during this time. We look forward to continue to use this technology in the future as well.
This week Governor Abbott and the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners decided that dental offices in Texas can now open on May 1st for all procedures. We know that many patients are wanting to be scheduled right away but we also have many changes that we are working through right now to be able to continue to protect the health, safety, and well-being of our patients and team. We look forward to seeing everyone back in the office gradually. Our office will conduct a soft reopening the week of May 4th. Your safety and health are our top priority. We realize you may have some questions about your upcoming appointment, so we want to reassure you that we are following every safety precaution at both of our locations.
Appointments will be rescheduled so be looking for a text message from our office in the weeks ahead with your appointment time and date. If this appointment date and time does not work for you, please text us back to reschedule. It is not necessary to call to reschedule your appointment. We are working with limited staff as we gradually return to work.
• Screening all patients and employees, including taking temperature and exposure questionnaire upon arrival.
• Minimizing the number of patients we are seeing per day in our office by expanding virtual services and staggering in person appointments
• We have closed our refreshment bar and have removed all magazines from our reception area
• Redesigned waiting room and check in to ensure social distancing
• Wearing personal protective equipment while providing patient care
• Continuing, as we always have, to follow the highest level of sanitation processes to disinfect all equipment and surfaces according to CDC guidelines
Things for you to do:
• Take your temperature at home before coming to your appointment
• Please fill out our Supplemental Consent and Health Questionnaire before arriving to your appointment. We have it on our website, it is a secure form with electronic signature. Please see link to fill out the form: https://secureonline.co/supplemental-consent-and-health-questionnaire-lonestarbraces-com/
• If you have any symptoms like: Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell
WE WILL NEED TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
• Please brush and floss your teeth at home. Our tooth brushing station is temporarily closed
• Please arrive with a homemade mask, bandana, or medical mask on. If you do not have access to one, a mask will be provided to you
• When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you remain in your vehicle and text the office to let us know you are here. If alone, please park your car and we will come out and waive you in. If the patient is being driven, please pull up to the designated curbside in front of the office. There will be a sign on how to proceed. A staff member will come out to your vehicle and pick up the patient for screening. After screening, the patient will be escorted to your treatment room
• Please attend your appointment without any companions. We understand that in some instances (caregiver, parent to a minor child) a companion is required. The companion will be asked the same screening questions as the patient. And will be asked to wait in the reception area and practice social distancing
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We will be reaching out to you by text with an appointment. Text messages and emails with attached link to the consent and health questionnaires will be sent out as well.
Thank you for being our patient and trusting us with your orthodontic needs. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends. We appreciate your patience as we start getting back to normal.
The Garrett & Boyd Team
Important links and phone numbers:
Text line: 281-336-1381
Virtual consultation link: https://lonestarbraces.com/virtual-orthodontic-consultation/
In case of an emergency, please call 979-480-6433
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Dr. Fred Garrett & Dr. Richard Boyd