Carina Perez-Cisneros, DMD, MSD, is excited to get to know patients and help them gain confidence and happiness in their smiles. She’s on a mission to transform lives, one smile at a time. “A smile is a way of communication — it is a way of projecting,” she says. “It always amazes me how a beautiful smile impacts other people and how a nice smile increases the confidence of the person who wears it.”
She is thrilled to be part of an exciting time in her patients’ lives. She loves to treat patients integrally and to see how their confidence transforms through the process of orthodontics. Dr. Perez-Cisneros considers it a privilege to take care of her patients and know that they trust her with their health.
Dr. Perez-Cisneros is trilingual, fluent in English, Spanish and Italian.
Outside the office:
Dr. Perez-Cisneros enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and pets. Some of her favorite activities include scrapbooking, playing board games, and watching movies. She’s also working on developing a green thumb.
Fun fact: Dr. Perez-Cisneros is an avid traveler; she has visited six out of seven wonders of the world. Dr. Perez-Cisneros also earned her black belt in Tae kwon do.
- Dr. Perez-Cisneros graduated cum laude at Manhattanville College in New York, where she received her Bachelor of Arts in Biology.
- Dr. Perez-Cisneros also graduated with a double major in Psychology and Italian Studies.
- She then graduated magna cum laude from the University of Puerto Rico School of Dental Medicine.
- She continued her education at the University of Puerto Rico School, completing a three-year orthodontic residency program and earning her Master of Sciences in Dentistry. Invisalign®-certified, Dr. Perez-Cisneros completed The Aligner Intensive Fellowship.
- Dr. Perez-Cisneros is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics.