What are the benefits of braces?
Braces can address orthodontic problems while straightening teeth and boosting your confidence. While dental braces can treat aesthetic issues, like crooked teeth, they can also eliminate more severe problems, such as preventing jawbone erosion, to improve your quality of life. Other benefits of braces treatment include:
- Improving oral health by addressing crowding that can make brushing your teeth difficult.
- Correcting underbites and overbites that cause many to feel self-conscious.
- Helping digestion by straightening teeth and making chewing food into small bites easier.
Types of braces
Garrett & Boyd Orthodontics offers Invisalign® clear aligners and metal braces. The best choice depends on your orthodontic issues and aesthetic preferences. We also provide surgical orthodontic treatment for those with more severe bite issues.
Invisalign vs. braces
Both braces and Invisalign can correct misaligned teeth and bite issues. Invisalign is an excellent option for mild to moderate orthodontic issues, while dental braces can handle a broader range of dental problems, including more severe cases. There are a few other differences between the two orthodontic treatments:
- Visibility: Braces consist of metal brackets and wires attached to the front of the teeth, making them noticeable. Invisalign uses clear, nearly invisible BPA-free plastic aligners that fit over the teeth, making them much less noticeable.
- Removability: Braces are fixed appliances; only removed by an orthodontist once the treatment is complete. Invisalign aligners are removable, allowing patients to take them out while eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing.
- Maintenance: With braces, it takes extra care to clean around the brackets and wires. While Invisalign requires regular cleaning, they are easier to maintain as you can remove them during meals and oral hygiene routines.
The choice between Invisalign and braces depends on your preference, needs, and the recommendation of your family orthodontist. Book a free consultation in the Greater Houston area to see which option may be right for you.
Why choose Garrett & Boyd Orthodontics as your braces provider?
As trusted dental braces providers for many people throughout Sugar Land and Rosenberg, TX, Dr. Perez-Cisneros and Dr. Boyd provide the premier care you deserve. We offer high-quality results and focus on delivering the best patient experience, whether you need adult braces or braces for kids or teens. We’re proud to be a Diamond+ provider of Invisalign®, which puts us in the top 1% of providers in the United States. Getting braces in Rosenberg or Sugar Land has never been easier. Simply request your free consultation online or call one of our offices in the Greater Houston area.