If you’re seeking dental treatments for yourself or your children, the professionals at Garrett & Boyd are here to help. Continue reading to find out more information on the services we offer today.
Kid and Adolescent Orthodontics
Going to an orthodontist early in life can help alleviate future complications. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends a first check-up no later than age seven. If any difficulties are found, kids and adolescent orthodontics should be considered for the child. Recovery time and risk of total dental issues are reduced at a young age. Your child can benefit from Invisalign, palatial expanders, baby tooth removal and more.
As an adult, you haven’t missed your chance — your preferred smile is right around the corner! Take advantage of adult orthodontics to benefit from several health factors such as proper alignment, relieving overbite, prevention of wear, reduced gaps and more.
Surgical orthodontics includes correcting jaw irregularities for fully grown adult patients. This time is around age 16 for girls and age 18 for boys. It’s important to ensure growth is complete to avoid shifting and changes in the future.
Braces typically go with surgery to ensure the proper placement of teeth as the jaw is readjusted. Following surgery and the recovery process, the patient should be able to chew, breathe and speak regularly. Overbite, teeth grinding and jaw popping can also be treated with surgical orthodontics.
In addition to the services above, Garrett & Boyd Orthodontists offer the following treatments:
- Accelerated orthodontics: The Acceledent™ System was created to increase the rate of tooth movement through gentle pulses safely and efficiently. By only inserting a mouthpiece for 20 minutes a day, accelerated orthodontics is a quicker, noninvasive option for healthier and straighter teeth.
- Two-phase treatment: Two-phase orthodontic treatments focuses on tooth straightening and facial adjustments for younger children. The first phase ensures space for growing teeth, eliminating the risks of overcrowding, overbite or underbite. This phase can last from 9-18 months. After a rest period, the second phase begins and involves the usual orthodontist protocol with braces. This phase lasts an average of 12-20 months. However, this time can vary depending on the client’s needs.
- Dental monitoring: Download the dental monitoring app to enhance your communication capabilities. With this app, you can receive dental advice via text, view your patient forms and take digital impressions. Additionally, spend less time in our offices with our convenient online appointments that can fit into your schedule.
- Dentofacial orthopedics: In conjunction with orthodontics, dentofacial orthopedics focus on altering how facial bones develop over time. This method catches bone growth irregularities early and repairs their trajectory before they have matured.
- TMD treatment: This treatment targets temporomandibular disorder (TMD) — pain in the joints of the jawbone. Relieving this pain can also reduce headaches, pain, swelling and more.
Request an Appointment Today
Contact Garrett & Boyd Orthodontists today to request an appointment. We look forward to helping you reach your dental goals!